Where have I been?
It has been a little while since I last posted on the blog. Here are four reasons why…
- Partners in Wellbeing – 2018 was a pivotal year for me. At the end of September, I was thrilled to open Partners in Wellbeing on Hamslade Green, Poundbury, a quiet area just down from Queen Mother Square.
- Becoming a Qualified Practitioner in Advanced Facial Reflexology. Taught by Ziggie Bergman (Facial Reflexologist to the Stars), who developed the technique, followed by the assessment of three case studies.
- Becoming a Qualified Practitioner in Zone Face Lift. Taught by Ziggie Bergman, who developed the technique, followed by the assessment of one case study (12 weeks).
- Learning Reflexology Lymph Drainage. Taught by Sally Kay who developed the sequence, followed by a case study (currently awaiting assessment).
Rather than bombard you with all the detail here – there will be a blog post on the new treatments in the next few weeks. First though, about Partners in Wellbeing…
Three years after leaving corporate life, and working at other clinics as a reflexologist around Dorchester, I felt the time was right to create my own space for my treatments. Taking on the lease in July 2018, I spent the best part of three months putting my heart and soul into creating an environment that relaxes the mind, body and spirit. At the end of September, I was thrilled to open Partners in Wellbeing on Hamslade Green, Poundbury, a quiet area just down from Queen Mother Square.
With just two treatment treatment rooms, and well chosen therapists, I wanted to create a space that was welcoming for clients, and attractive to other therapists. Uncluttered but not clinical.
In setting up the clinic, there were four principles at the heart of every decision I made:
- Good for Clients
- A calm, quiet, warm, comfortable, safe, private space.
- Therapists have set sessions, so availability is clear.
- Good for Therapists
- Set sessions, so that they can make future bookings with confidence.
- Minimal comings and goings.
- 75% of setup was with local businesses.
- Special mention for Gallery on the Square, Fusion Lighting, The Carpet Company and Austin Wells Design, Damers Blinds.
- Minimise waste going to landfill.
- Minimise single use plastic, and recyle as much as possible.
- Use of washable face towels for hand drying.
- Achieved Plastic Free Approved Status
I now have a dedicated room for my treatments, with everything to hand. I invested in a hydraulic treatment couch, suitable for those with mobility issues; as well as fully supporting the body during the treatment.
The other room is setup as suitable for talking therapies, but could accommodate a couch for body treatments, such as massage. I am looking for suitable therapists to join me. If you are interested, please email me on email@example.com.